Which One Of Boras's Clients (Davis, Wieters or Chen) Will DD Trade First?

section18

Who Gets Traded First?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gets Traded First?

Which One Of Boras's Clients (Davis, Wieters or Chen) Will DD Trade First? I think he will trade Chen with others in a package deal. Before ST, during ST or before the trade deadline during the season? Possibly Chen and Davis together in a big trade. Trade partners ? Houston, Miami, San Diego? Who has the most money?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which One Of Boras's Clients (Davis, Wieters or Chen) Will DD Trade First? I think he will trade Chen with others in a package deal. Before ST, during ST or before the trade deadline during the season? Possibly Chen and Davis together in a big trade. Trade partners ? Houston, Miami, San Diego? Who has the most money?

I don't see it. The O's will go for it again in 2015. They will keep all three players through the playoffs IMO.

I don't see it. The O's will go for it again in 2015. They will keep all three players through the playoffs IMO.

Agreed to some degree.

If the O's are in a position were they feel they need to sell it will be because CD is the CD of 2014 yet again and MW is not productive because he has not recovered to the degree where he can be. That would significantly diminish any return for either player. If these two guys produce it will be a good year, if they do not we are in deep and it will likely be a long year IMO

In that scenario though I could see Chen holding some value and being moved. I could also see them move Norris in that scenario.

None after this year take the pick. IMO I think Davis is gonna be here after this year. Dan will get a deal done.

Who's going to give us pitching for A few months of Davis?

It would have to be Davis plus, but my point is I expect Davis to be sufficiently superfluous to make the notion of trading him reasonable. The problem with the exercise as I see it is finding the balance point between value to the O's as a player vs. trade value to another team for any in-season trade. A full year of Davis would have more value, but given his 2014 season and the confusion over whether his 2015 TUE is good or bad thing I think the O's would be selling unnecessarily low in that situation.

I think Pearce would be fine at first if trading CD before the start of the season could get the team something useful in return. I would be in favor of that but I don't expect it. I think the O's would clearly need to be out of it by the trade deadline for any thought of trading Wieters or Chen to be considered. I don't expect that either.

I also think filtering the question by Boras affiliation is fun, but a little bit of a red herring.

Archived